Easter
Easter in Norway really begins at Palm Sunday when most Norwegians head up to their cabins in the mountains for some spring cross-country skiing. I, however, began my Easter in Copenhagen with the Flerfaglig Gruppe for their annual internal seminar.
I got back from Copenhagen on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend just hanging around in Hamar. I went to church Sunday morning, then took a trip down to Poesi for my weekly espresso fix and a croissant. Mmm, mmm tasty! I didn't really have any fast plans as far as the rest of the week went, but I got a call from Hanne, who invited me to come up to their hytte for a couple of days, which I, of course, accepted :) Yay skiing! I could only be there one night due to Roy's two sons coming up as well, which was fine. I spent a nice evening with the family and Hanne and I went for a quick ski in the morning before I left. So, back down the mountain I went.
Sidsel invited me to dinner on Thursday night, which was really lovely, and I had a wonderful time with her and on of her friends. She made får i kål which is a stew with mutton and cabbage as the main ingredients. It is really quite good.
I got a call from Johannes and Kine as well, and they invited me to Oslo to spend the rest of Easter with them, with a trip up to Hanne and Roy's cabin for the day. So, back up the mountain I went, although just for the day. They picked me up in Hamar, then it was nothing but sun, snow, and a nice long ski trip :) Happiness.
Easter Sunday was really nice. We went to church at a Pentacostal congregation because there was a Swedish music group who were visiting that day and Johannes and Kine really like. It was a good service, although quite different than what I am used to. The paster retold the entire Easter story, starting at Palm Sunday...it was a wonderful and insightful sermon, but it lasted for about 2 hours. Oy. After church, we walked over to the National Gallery since I had never been there before, then we headed to Akershus Fortress for a look around there. Then it was back home for dinner, coffee, and relaxing for the rest of the evening, then I headed back up to Hamar on Monday.
**I was rather naughty and didn't take any pictures, although Johannes did...I am hoping to get copies of his pictures soon, so look for updates!**


0 Comments:
Legg inn en kommentar
<< Home